One of the most overlooked pieces of dabbing equipment is a silicone nectar collector. Often sold by various names depending on the seller, these simple dab straws allow for a relatively safe dabbing experience.
Depending on the type of nail you are using to dab – Ceramic, Titanium, Quartz – you have the ability to tailor your oil vaporization experience to your exact preferences.
Ceramic dab tips are generally reserved for the true connoisseur.
With silicone, we recommended using a GR2 Titanium Nail as it will provide the easiest use and longest durability. Quartz is an excellent choice in both glass nectar collectors as well as a silicone replacement tip.
To use your silicone nectar collector, follow these simple steps:
- Remove the protective end cap, this cap can be used as your concentrate dish later.
- Place the 14mm Titanium nail into the wide end of the nectar collector. The large end should seat firmly into the body of the nectar collector.
-Please note that some nails will need to be pushed into the body further than others-
- Test that the tip and secure and begin heating the end of the dab nail with a butane torch, such as the Blazer Dab Torch for larger 14mm sizes.
- When your tip is adequately hot, lightly place the side of the nail against your herbal concentrate. Be careful not to truly use your nectar collector as a ‘straw’ and suck up large amounts of hot dabs! You only need the side or edge to touch the oil for full effect.
- Gently place the nectar collector on its side and allow it to cool, be sure the hot nail cannot damage any surrounding material such as the countertop. The use of a silicone mat is recommended.
As you can see, using a silicone nectar collector, albeit intimidating, is not as difficult as it seems. There are only a few steps you need to follow to be sure that you cannot burn yourself, and you have a pleasant dabbing experience.